- Last updated: 23 May 2018
Your privacy is important to Elysian Road (“me”, “I”). Elysian Road is committed to keeping the personal information you provide safe and secure. This Privacy Notice outlines how Elysian Road collects and uses your information when you visit elysianroad.co.nz (the Website) or provide information to Elysian Road in another format.
This Privacy Notice applies to the information I collect on the Website, through emails, text, social media messages, social media posts, or any other form of communication that you send Elysian Road. Elysian Road collects information from you automatically when you visit the Website and through the actions you take on the website.
By visiting elysianroad.co.nz or providing personal information to Elysian Road in another format you are agreeing to this Privacy Notice. If you do not want to agree to this Privacy Notice you must not access or use the website or provide information to Elysian Road in any format.
I collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- phone number
- contact details
- order information
- payment information. I do not store your credit card details. I use Stripe or Paypal for processing payments.
- other information you provide to Elysian Road
I collect this information when you:
- sign up for a newsletter
- complete a form
- contact Elysian Road
- fill out a survey or quiz
- purchase a product or service
- give feedback
- leave a comment
- provide the information in some other voluntary way.
I also collect other information when you use elysianroad.co.nz. This includes:
- ip addresses and information about your computer or device so I can see how you use the Website. This includes information such as login data, how long you visited for, what pages you visited, navigation path, browser type, operating system, date, time, what country you visited from, what type of device you used and other similar information. This information is collected through analytics tracking via Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. To opt out of Google Analytics visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- cookies so your computer will remember information about your visit and improve your website experience with Elysian Road. Both session cookies and persistent cookies are used on the Website. If you don’t want us to collect information using cookies, you may be able to turn this feature off on your computer or mobile device. If you choose not to accept cookies from Elysian Road this may impact your website experience and some functions may not work correctly. For more information about cookies please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
- social media pixels and tracking technologies, including Facebook pixel data to allow tracking of how you use the Website so that advertising messages can be customised to you when you visit social media websites and to measure, understand or analyse the advertising that you are presented with. Elysian Road uses pixels in as per the policies of the specific social media websites. For more information about Facebook’s ad targeting and to control the ads you see visit https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
I collect your personal and other information in order to:
- provide products and services to you
- maintain, develop and improve elysianroad.co.nz
- maintain, develop and improve products and services
- promote products and services to you
- request your feedback
- keep you informed and provide you with information
- keep records of transactions
- deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you
- provide you with customer service
- administer my business activities
- measure, understand and analyse the effectiveness of advertising you are provided with
- analyse the use of the Website and other online services
- ensure the security of the Website
- promote products and services offered by third parties in exchange for a commission.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter your information, I will be unable to provide certain services and some functions on elysianroad.co.nz will not work correctly.
I may send you newsletters and marketing communications if you have purchased products or services, requested information relating to products and services or requested that I send you my newsletter or marketing communications. You may opt out from receiving newsletters or marketing communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. If you have trouble unsubscribing you can send me an email requesting to be unsubscribed to email@example.com.
I do not share, rent, lease, sell or transfer your information with third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice. Elysian Road may share your information for the purposes of:
- providing products or services to you
- providing you with help or support
- required by law
- protection purposes
- professional advice including legal, business and financial advice
- IT and system administration
- third parties when you have given us permission to do so
- other websites such as Facebook when you consent to a notice displayed on the Website
I take all steps practical to protect the information that you provide me and have put in place security measure to prevent your personal information from being lost, used, disclosed, altered or unlawfully accessed. However I cannot guarantee the safety or security of the information you provide me as no system is fail proof. In particular if you send me information via email or from websites that are not secure you should take extra care in what information you send me as the information could be intercepted.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as it is required to fulfil the purposes the data was collected for. Including any legal, business or reporting purposes. I may anonymise your personal data and use it indefinitely for analytical or statistical purposes.
It is very important that the information that I hold about you is accurate and up to date. You have the right to access, change and review your information. You can do this by following the instructions on the Website or contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are within the European Union you have certain rights in relation to your personal information. This includes:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- the right to withdraw consent as long as it doesn’t affect the lawfulness of processing regarding consent that happened before your withdrawal of consent
For more information regarding your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you’d like to or exercise a right under the General Data Protection Regulation, please contact me at email@example.com.
If you are not happy about how I collect or use your data you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction regarding issues about the General Data Protection Regulation. If you do have a complaint I would be grateful if you could contact me first so I can do my best to resolve it for you.
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 16. I do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16 please do not provide me with any information or use the Website. If you believe a child under the age of 16 has provided me with information please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will endeavour to delete that information.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice please contact me at email@example.com